The design process for a website includes a number of steps, but can be broken down into three main categories:
- Defining the project scope and objectives
- Gathering information about the target audience and competition
- Sketching out a wireframe or layout
- Designing the visual elements, such as the color scheme and branding
- Developing the website using a content management system or coding the website from scratch
- Testing and debugging the website
The final step is to develop the website using a content management system or coding it from scratch. Testing and debugging the site follows, along with launching and ongoing maintenance.